Monday, December 1, 2008

Who is welcome in your church?

Lynnette lives in Willard. She has been attending Carpenter’s House since the first service on October 5.

She has invited four of the five people who have accepted Christ in the short history of the church

Yesterday, she asked me a thought-provoking question: “What kind of people do you want in this new church?”

When I asked what she meant, she replied, “I have many friends in Willard, but they do not look like you, dress like you, or talk like you. They are drug addicts, Meth addicts, and real sinners. They live together. They have problems with the law. But they are longing for something more. They will come, if I invite them. But I was not sure you wanted them.”

I told her that is why we are in Willard—for the lost.

One of my first sermons in Willard was on the verse: “For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost” (Luke 19:10).


Please pray for Carpenter's House of Willard, MO. http://www.carpentershousechurch.com/

No comments: